The Account Manager works closely with Green Check’s partner financial institutions to ensure the success of their cannabis banking programs. In many ways they are a cannabis banking concierge, working behind the scenes to make sure that financial institutions have the support they need to build and manage successful cannabis banking programs.
To succeed in this role, you must be an excellent communicator, able to work with Green Check’s sales and implementation teams to quickly build rapport with clients on the financial services and cannabis industry sides. There’s no one-size-fits-all playbook to follow so we expect you to be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
- Approach potential financial institution customers to establish relationships and coordinate with the sales team throughout the sales cycle
- Identify key staff in customer financial institutions to cultivate profitable relationships through support and expansion of their cannabis banking programs
- Work closely with the implementation team to build custom cannabis banking compliance programs tailored to the customer’s market appetite
- Introduce cannabis businesses to financial institutions looking to build their cannabis banking portfolio
- Own the customer relationship throughout the Sales, Implementation and Support lifecycles
- Act as liaison between financial institutions and cannabis-related businesses, translating industry-specific jargon as necessary to ensure clear communication
- Serve as the financial institution’s primary point of contact with Green Check teams
- Track customer progress against financial projections and provide regular status reports to the client and Green Check
- Keep up to date with the changing cannabis regulatory landscape and industry trends
- Educate customers as necessary on the basics of the cannabis industry and their compliance obligations specific to cannabis banking
- Gain solid knowledge of competitors, including pricing and compliance strategy
- Aim to preserve existing customers and renew software services contracts
- Resolve customer concerns quickly and effectively
- Familiarity with cannabis banking and BSA/AML compliance
- Familiarity with the legal cannabis industry in the US
- Experience in sales or customer service
- Project Management experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Green Check is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce so we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.